Monday, October 8, 2007

How I keep my creative juices flowing


Yes, there are times that my creative juices quit flowing. Is it because I am tired? Bored of the
projects I am working on? I am not really sure. But I do know that we all need to take time and rejuvenate ourselves and get our creative juices flowing again, or just to get ourselves
motivated again. Below is a sampling of what works for me.

Take some quiet time at a bookstore. Sit in a nice comfy chair with your favorite drink and thumb through your favorite books and magazines. Have you been thinking about taking up a new craft? If so, this is a great time to research the craft. And the best thing is that all it costs is some time and the cost of a drink or two.

I like to wonder through local antique stores. For me looking at antiques and vintage linens is such a rush. Take a look at some of the items in there and think about what you could use them for in your crafts. Wonder through local craft shows. See what other crafters are making, see what is selling and for how much. I also like to wonder through fabric shops. I love looking at fabric and ribbons, while I think about what I could use them for, or just to increase my stash. =)


Don’t tell Mark!

I like to get up early and sit outside on the patio drinking coffee and listening to the birds sing. Sometimes this is difficult as the dogs see me and start barking, which leads to the next item. I go outside and play with the dogs and puppies. Take some time just watching them play. We currently have four border collie pups that are about 12 weeks old and they are such fun to play with.

Oh yea, I almost forgot ~ selling. This really gets me motivated. =)

In closing, I guess that one of the things that I want to stress is take some time for yourself and your family. If we’re tired, stressed out our creative juices don’t flow like we want them to. Taking time for you reduces stress and gets those juices flowing again. It is especially important now that school is out and the kids are home for the summer.

I would love to hear works for you. If you have suggestions that I haven’t mentioned above, please me an
email.

Copyright © 2007—All Rights Reserved — Nancie Dumdi

No comments: